That is somewhat of a rhetorical question. But of course you should, and your husband, fiancée or boyfriend should make sure to tell his mother that it was your idea. An even better idea would be if you bought a gift independently from your significant other. If you are pre wedding or post engagement make sure that you try to build a relationship with her. Get to know your future mother-in-law’s likes and dislikes. If you are already married you should have somewhat of an idea of what she is into. Where is her favorite shop? What does she like to do? You can share your favorite shops with her. My Mother in-law likes everything I have, including my bras. I don’t get upset or threatened, I embrace it. I have not always been that way but last year I changed my attitude, I embrace the idea. When she is visiting I take her to my favorite stores and she goes to town buying out the store. When she visits I try to have a gift waiting for her, it is so important to make her feel extra special and not left out. Mother’s day is the one day out of the year that we try to make the day a memorable one for our moms and mother-in-laws. Does she like flowers? My mother-in-law thinks flowers are just a waste of money they die after a week. Obviously I won’t be getting her flowers. Don’t bother with the clothing. You don’t want to insult your mother in law by getting too big of a size, she might come back with a she thinks I’m so fat. The clothing might not be flattering to her figure. I know nobody knows my body as well as I do. Don’t even take a chance, forget the clothing it makes a terrible gift. Chocolates just add to the waistline. Certainly, no woman wants to add to her waistline especially my mother in law, although I always like a good box of chocolates (hint, hint….). Jewelry is her favorite thing to get, and mine, I would take it over chocolates any day. We are hoping to get my mother in law a beautiful necklace that has a pendant with all the initials of all her grandchildren in diamonds on it. Another piece that would be nice is a bracelet with the dangling initials. A client of ours made sure that her fiancé gave his mother (her future mother in law) a gorgeous yellow diamond right hand ring. Treating your mother in law right is very important to a happy marriage. I have found many pieces in 33486 area code. You have to trust the people and let them advise you as to what is right and worth your money and time. Sometimes, his mom plays a huge role in your marriage, she was the number 1 gal before you came into the picture, don’t let her feel threatened or jealous of you. Take it in stride and shower her with jewelry. Like I always say, nobody ever turns down a piece of jewelry.
Wedding season is in full affect and we can already feel that your girlfriends are pushing for the big question. Men — we know the difficulties of walking into a diamond store and getting bamboozled with the 4 c’s. This post is dedicated to you males out there who are lost in translation when it comes to picking the perfect engagement ring for her. There are so many different options so we have narrowed it down to what’s classic, beautiful, and modern. Diamonds By Eyal is here to help! And if this post hasn’t made you feel completely comfortable and informed, come into our showroom TODAY for a complimentary sit down and educational session with our EXPERT. We would be more than happy to assist you with your choice — after all, we love diamonds over here!!!!
STONES: EMERALD CUT.
Displays a specific je ne sais quoi that simply screams elegance. While still remaining vintage and very ‘art deco’ esque, the sleek lines radiate modernity and remain one of this year’s hottest trends. An emerald cut ring gives an illusion that the carat weight is larger then it is in reality because of the elongation.
STONES: CUSHION CUT.
Yet another stone with an antique aura. The cushion cut illuminates fire and brilliance due to its large facets. Known as one of the most alive and brightest of the cuts, it has been a female favorite for decades.
STONES: PEAR CUT.
There is no telling that a pear shaped diamond defines originality and uniqueness. Displaying a very feminine and chic look, the pear shape is naturally classy. It also embodies that taste of vintage we all know and love. The pear cut trend is finally coming back.
SETTINGS: DOUBLE HALO.
The single halo has forever been the most wanted setting amongst the rest. Since two is always better then one, this year we’re doing a double take on the trend — not one, BUT TWO halos! The double halo setting conquers the epitome of luxury and has been a huge success in 2013. Having more then one halo creates an illusion of a bigger solitaire, who wouldn’t love that!? Sign me up!
Swooping and sensual, with an architecture that catches everyone’s eye, these intricate settings offer as much excitement as the stone itself. Taking a more artistic view on an engagement ring, a twisted settings is intriguing and enticing.
We would love to educate you & offer you the best value for your purchase!
Summer is here — therefore our calendars are jam-packed with weddings. For most of us, a wedding is a time to party with friends and celebrate love and matrimony. For young couples, it is a breeding ground for wandering imaginations and hopeful ambition of one day standing on that alter themselves. Maybe you have come down with engagement fever (it’s contagious this time of year) and want to take your relationship to the next level. Men, we know how hard to is to be unique and romantic, after all your going to have to hear the story over and over again for the rest of your life — so it better be a good one! We have made a list of different ways to propose to that special someone. It’s the biggest moment of your life, so put your own spin on some of our ideas! Good Luck! (Hint: if you haven’t bought the ring yet, come see our showroom)
Best Public Marriage Proposal Ideas
1. Have a flair for the dramatic? Get in touch with the stage manager of an appropriately themed production and propose after the cast’s curtain call.
2. Take out a full-page ad in a newspaper you know your girlfriend reads daily.
3. Arrange a surprise proposal with a street caricaturist. Have him sketch a picture of you two with word bubbles. Yours will read, “Will you marry me?” and hers will say, “Yes!”
4. Pay the divers at an aquarium to put on a proposal show inside their biggest fish tank. Give them a handwritten sign that says, “Will you marry me?” to hold up against the glass.
5. Send your girlfriend on a treasure hunt. Start with a clue at home; then send her on a tour of your favorite spots all over town. When she gets to the last hint, the prize should be you on one knee.
6. Go out for a night of dancing and ask the DJ or bandleader to pass you the mic so you can dedicate a song and propose on the dance floor.
7. Hire a skywriter to spell out your proposal for everyone around to see.
8. Flying anytime soon? Use the plane’s loudspeaker system (of course, run your plan by the flight attendants first) and propose at 35,000 feet.
9. Movie buffs? Ask your neighborhood theater to run an ad featuring your proposal and make sure you get there in time for the previews.
10. Gather a bunch of your friends and family for a party. Have everyone in attendance put on a T-shirt bearing one of the letters in the phrase “Will you marry me?” When you walk into the room with your girlfriend, suggest a group picture and let the shirts speak for themselves.
Best At-Home Marriage Proposal Ideas
11. For a simple surprise, after she goes to bed, go to her jewelry box and replace her everyday ring with the engagement ring. She’ll be completely shocked in the morning when she goes to put on her regular ring.
12. Write her a love note with the proposal at the end of it. Tuck it into her favorite book or the one she happens to be reading at the moment, and when she finds the note, surprise her with the ring.
13. Turn off all the lights in your apartment and make a trail of candles that leads to a circle of votives positioned around the ring.
14. Slip the ring on her finger while she’s sleeping and wake her with champagne and strawberries. At first, the gesture will simply seem romantic — the real surprise comes when she notices her new piece of jewelry.
15. Tie a red-velvet ribbon from one spot in your home to another. Attach little notes recalling perfect moments in your relationship along the way. You wait at the last stop, ring in hand.
Best Tech Marriage Proposal Ideas
16. Create your own podcast proposal and sneak it onto her iPod.
17. Upload a video of your proposal to YouTube (tell her you have a hysterical home movie to show her).
18. Steal her digital camera and head to her favorite local outdoor spot. Bring a friend with you and have posters made with the words “will,” “you,” “marry” and “me?” Have your friend photograph you holding each one in a different position. Then, let her know you borrowed her camera and ask her to upload the photos.
19. Take the scavenger hunt high-tech: Send your mate a text message leading her to a secret spot. Keep her engaged by text messaging her sweet nothings along the way (and directions, of course) as you lead her to you, on bended knee.
20. Create a web page declaring your love and intentions. Leave your sweetie a clue with the web address written on it — don’t say a word. After the proposal has been officially accepted (which, of course, it will be!), she can proudly send the page to friends and family.
21. Set up a live-stream channel (on Ustream.com) and invite all your friends and family to watch the proposal live from wherever you choose to propose!
Best Foodie Marriage Proposal Ideas
22. Make the box holding her ring a selection on the dessert tray at your favorite restaurant.
23. Put together a gift basket of yummy delicacies — the best chocolate or coffee — and hide the ring among the presents (in its box, so it doesn’t get lost in the goodies).
24. Ask the pastry chef to write, “Will you marry me?” in chocolate sauce around the rim of her dessert plate.
25. Ask a baker to make a cake with the proposal written in frosting. Have him display it in the storefront and suggest a little window-shopping to your girlfriend.
26. Create a personalized fortune cookie with your own proposal message.
Most Playful Marriage Proposal Ideas
27. Create your own crossword puzzle and be prepared to help her work it out over breakfast.
28. Spell your proposal out in glow-in-the-dark star stickers on your ceiling. Get into bed, turn the lights off and wait for the inevitable gasp.
29. Spell out your proposal with refrigerator magnets.
30. Sneak into her office or classroom before she gets there and write your proposal on her desk or on the blackboard. Stay hiding in the coat closet or right outside the room until she arrives.
31. Get a ring size chart and ask your girlfriend to look up her size. When she accuses you of ruining the surprise that you’re shopping for a ring, say, “Okay, try this one instead,” and show her that you’ve already shopped for a ring.
32. Play hangman and have the phrase be “Marry me.”
Best Fall and Winter Marriage Proposal Ideas
33. During your annual Halloween prep, challenge her to a pumpkin-carving contest and carve the words “Marry me” into your pumpkin.
34. Write, “Will you marry me?” on the underside of a kite and take flight one warm, breezy afternoon.
35. Have a friend or family member set up a picnic — complete with wine and cheese, of course — for you in a park. Take your girlfriend for a hike on a route where you’ll stumble upon this surprise proposal picnic.
36. Scratch your proposal into the frost on her car’s windshield.
Best Spring and Summer Marriage Proposal Ideas
37. Propose in a flower or botanic garden when everything is in bloom.
38. Gather your families together for a barbecue and make it a family affair.
39. Go to the beach and casually build a sand castle (at a safe distance from the ocean!), and place the ring on the highest turret. Then invite her to admire your handiwork.
40. Make your own message in a bottle. On the night before a beach day you’ve planned, write a love poem on a piece of parchment paper, roll it into an antique bottle with a cork and bury it in a well-marked spot in the sand near your towels. Be sure you “find” the bottle as you dig together — and have the ring at the ready.
Most Thoughtful Marriage Proposal Ideas
41. If you’re artistically inclined or just like to make things with your own two hands, integrate something you’ve made into the proposal. For example, if you have woodworking skills, present the ring in a special hand-carved jewelry box.
42. Buy a pet that she’s always wanted (bunny, kitten, puppy) and loosely tie the ring around its neck. Or substitute a stuffed animal — still cute, but less maintenance!
43. Tell your girlfriend you want to make a time capsule together to bury and dig up years into the future. As you’re gathering the items, say it wouldn’t be complete without a picture of the moment you two got engaged! Have a camera ready to take that shot right after you present her with the ring.
44. Rent a Vespa scooter and invite your girlfriend for a ride, but remind her to be safe and wear a helmet. Hand her the helmet (with the ring box already in it), and then you can zip around town to celebrate!
45. Meet for a drink at a posh hotel bar. When it’s time to go, casually mention that you’ve already reserved a room for the night. When you open the hotel room door, have roses, candles and champagne all set up — everything for a perfect surprise proposal.
Cheesy (but Hilarious) Proposal Ideas
46. Make a list of 10 reasons you’d like to marry your beloved. Read them to her in front of a crowd, have them delivered via singing telegram or send them written on individual note cards over the course of a day (or 10!), with the last card arriving by personal messenger (you!).
47. Want to really surprise your girlfriend? Cut out the bottom of a huge refrigerator box, wrap it with pretty paper and ribbon, and attach a card that says, “What’s inside the box is a gift to last a lifetime.” “Deliver” yourself to her office or front door.
48. Make her ring the surprise in a box of Cracker Jack.
49. Make her feel like a movie star and set your proposal to the scene of her favorite romantic movie. You could arrange your own Pretty Woman moment (the finale, of course): Rent a white limo and climb through the moonroof with flowers in hand to proclaim your love as you arrive at her place.
50. Another funny movie proposal? Steal from that famous Say Anything scene: Park yourself outside her house with a stereo blaring your favorite tune and propose on the front lawn.
Whether you’re searching for the perfect diamond engagement ring for her, doing some research for him, want to delight in happily-ever-after daydreams or just like looking at pretty diamond rings, Diamonds by Eyal is the place for you.
Diamond Solitaires are a classic expression of love. They perfectly showcase the brilliance and charm of the diamond. In a classic solitaire the center stone stands for itself, there are no other diamonds or designs to take away from the diamond. Solitaires will never go out of style and they make good heirloom pieces.
Vintage and Antique Engagement Rings ike lace, high-waisted jeans, and skinny jeans, have come back in style. The antique style rings are romantic and beautifully crafted.The exquisite features combine for gorgeous intricacy. These rings evoke a feeling of treasured family heirloom.
Just gaining popularity colored stone engagement rings, they are perfect for the girl who likes to stand out from the crowd. The rings are pricey because fancy colored diamonds are quite rare. Celebrities have increased the popularity of these eye-catching rings.
Three-stone engagement rings represent the past,present and future.The three stones signify love in the past, love in the present and love in the future. The three-stone ring is not exclusive to proposals, it can be given as a gift on many occasions. A timeless way to say “I love you”.
Tension setting engagement rings are very unique and modern. Most contemporary styles feature a bezel-set and a design in which the diamond seems to float. Tension rings are also budget friendly and graceful. They are perfect for girls who are edgy and unique.
One of the hottest trends, the Halo Pave engagement ring enhances the diamond’s beauty making it appear larger, while increasing the ring’s. Halo Pave settings that have diamonds all around the band can be difficult to re-size because the diamonds run the risk of falling out.