There is no telling that weddings and parties can be expensive…
do away with your pricey open bar and make your own signature drinks!
You can even name it yourself!
Luckily, we have combined delicious with sophisticated and put together a list of our favorite beautiful and tasty refreshments for your celebration!
ROSEMARY CITRUS PUNCH
Ingredients (makes 6 drinks)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large rosemary sprig
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 12 lemons)
- 3 cups London dry gin
- 1 cup orange juice
- Orange slices, for garnish
- Rosemary sprigs, for garnish
- Bring sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a saucepan. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Add rosemary sprig and let steep for 2 hours; remove sprig. Refrigerate simple syrup up to 2 weeks.
- Combine lemon juice, gin, orange juice, and simple syrup in a punch bowl. Garnish bowl and glasses with orange slices and rosemary sprigs, if desired. Add ice cubes as needed to keep chilled.
Ingredients (makes 4 drinks)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 wide strips orange zest
- 12 ounces watermelon cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup white or silver tequila
- Lime wedges
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar, water, and orange zest to a boil over high. Reduce to a simmer and cook until sugar dissolves, 3 minutes. Let syrup cool in a bowl. In a blender, puree watermelon cubes until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing on solids, into a pitcher (you should have about 1 cup juice). Stir in syrup, lime juice, and tequila. Fill salt-rimmed glasses with ice, then pour margarita mixture over top. Garnish with lime wedges.
Ingredients (makes 8 drinks)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 lime cut into 16 wedges
- 16 ounces vodka
- 8 ounces seltzer
- Divide seeds, sugar, and lime among 8 glasses; muddle until sugar dissolves. Top with vodka, ice, and seltzer.
Ingredients (makes 12 drinks)
- 2 1/4 cups freshly squeezed lime juice (or 1 1/2 ounces per shaker), plus more for rims
- 1 1/2 cups gin (or 2 ounces per shaker)
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar (or 2 teaspoons per shaker)
- 1 bottle brut Champagne or sparkling wine (or 4 ounces per shaker)
- Fine sanding sugar, for rims
- Mix lime juice, gin, and superfine sugar in a 2-quart pitcher; chill until ready to serve, several hours.
- To serve, dip rims of glasses in lime juice, then sanding sugar, to coat with 1-inch-wide band. Measure 4 ounces Champagne into cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add 3 1/2 ounces lime juice-and-gin mixture, and shake; strain into 2 glasses, and add 2 to 3 drops of grenadine to each. Repeat.
To make this drink on demand, use the amounts in parentheses, and mix two drinks at once in a cocktail shaker filled with ice, then pour into glasses, and add grenadine. For a crowd, follow the directions above.
Dip the rim in lime juice and fine sanding sugar for a 1-inch-wide band of sparkle.
LAVENDAR WHISKEY SOUR
Ingredients (makes 1 drink)
- Ice cubes
- 2 ounces whiskey
- 1 tablespoon Lavender Sour Syrup (see directions below)
- Fresh lavender sprig, for garnish
- Fill an 8-ounce glass with ice; pour over whiskey. Fill with lavender sour syrup; stir to combine. Garnish with lavender sprig and serve immediately.
How to Make Lavender Sour Syrup –>
Ingredients (makes 2 cups)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup dried lavender
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Bring sugar and 2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat, and cook, stirring, until sugar has dissolved. Reduce heat to low and add lavender. Cover and let steep 15 minutes.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a large pitcher. Add lemon juice to taste. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
ICED COFFEE FRAPPE WITH COTTON CANDY
Ingredients (makes 3 drinks)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 3 tablespoons instant-coffee frappe mix (such as Nescafe Classic)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- White cotton candy, for topping
- Blend 3/4 cup milk, 3/4 cup cold water, the instant-coffee frappe mix, and sugar in a blender until combined, about 30 seconds. Divide among 3 tall glasses filled with ice. Pour 2 tablespoons milk into each glass. Serve immediately, topped with cotton candy.
CUCUMGER MINTO MOJITO
- 4 1/2 cups Cucumber Gin (or 2 oz.), how-to follows
- 2 1/4 cups fresh lime juice (or 1 oz.)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Mint Simple Syrup (or 1/2 oz.), how-to follows
- Cucumber peels, for garnish
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- Steep 2 1/2 cups diced, peeled cucumber in 4 1/2 cups gin, covered and chilled, 8 hours to 4 days (or 1/2 cup cucumber in 1 cup gin). Strain; store indefinitely in the refrigerator.
Mint Simple Syrup
- Heat 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water over medium-high heat, stirring until dissolved. Add 1 cup mint leaves; remove from heat. Cover; steep 30 minutes to 1 hour. Strain; discard mint. Refrigerate up to 2 months.
In a 2-quart pitcher, stir gin, lime juice, and syrup. Refrigerate. To serve, pour into a cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake vigorously, and divide among ice-filled 10-ounce glasses. (For a single drink, mix in a cocktail shaker filled with ice, and shake.) Garnish each with cumber peel and mint.
Ingredients (makes 9 drinks)
- 4 peaches, sliced
- 1 bottle (750 ml) rose wine, chilled
- 2 cups sparkling lemonade (we used Lorina lemonade), chilled
- 2 tablespoons black-raspberry liqueur (we used Chambord)
- 27 raspberries
- Place half the peach slices in ice cube trays, one slice per compartment; add water, and freeze.
- Mix wine, lemonade, and liqueur in punch bowl. Add peach slices and some of the peach ice cubes. To serve, place remaining peach ice cubes in cups, and ladle in the punch; garnish with raspberries.
BLACKBERRY GIN FIZZ
Ingredients (makes 6 drinks)
- 12 ounces blackberries, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 ounces gin
- 15 mint leaves, torn, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups seltzer
- Puree berries and sugar in a food processor. Strain, and discard seeds.
- Put 1/3 cup puree, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 2 ounces gin, and 1/3 of the torn mint leaves into a cocktail shaker filled with ice, and shake until cold. Pour into two 8-ounce glasses, and add 1/4 cup seltzer to each. Repeat twice. Garnish with berries and mint sprigs.
PEAR MELBA MARTINI
Ingredients (makes 2 drinks)
- 6 ounces fresh (or thawed frozen) raspberries
- 1/4 cup chilled sugar
- 2 teaspoons Chambord or other black-raspberry-flavored liqueur
- 3/4 cup pear nectar
- 3 ounces best-quality vodka
- Puree raspberries and sugar in a food processor; strain into a bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use (up to 2 days; makes enough for 60 drinks). Pour nectar, Chambord, and vodka into a cocktail shaker filled with ice; shake to combine. Strain into 2 martini glasses. Pour 1/2 teaspoon raspberry puree into each glass.
PEAR LEMON FIZZ
Ingredients (makes 1 1/8 cups)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon verbena leaves
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add lemon verbena. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Let cool. Strain, discarding lemon verbena. Syrup can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Syrup can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 month.